“A Notary Public is a public officer of the state, authorized by law to certify documents, take affidavits, and administrator oaths.” – Indiana Secretary of State website.
The Bristol Public Library offers Notary Public services for the benefit of the residents of our community. The following guidelines will be followed in providing this service:
• Notary service is provided free of charge by the Bristol Public Library. In lieu of fees, donations to the Library are welcomed, but not necessary.
• The service is subject to the availability of the notary public on staff.
• Documents in any language other than the notary’s primary language will not be notarized.
• People seeking notary service must present valid photo identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or current employee ID.
• Documents to be notarized must be signed in person before the notary who will certify the signature.
• The notary may, at his/her discretion, decline to provide service.
Approved by Bristol Public Library Board of Trustees on December 21, 2017.